Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Brooke Nunn Dreams to Represent Super Falcons

 Posted by brila.net








Brooke Nunn. (Photo by Tom Dulat – The FA/The FA via Getty Images)



Central Coast Mariners’ latest signing, Brooke Nunn is eager to represent Nigeria at the international level.

Nunn, who qualifies through her maternal Nigerian and German heritage, shared her passion for joining the Nigerian Women’s National Team, a dream she describes as an honor and personal fulfillment.

“I get my Nigerian heritage from my mother, who is half Nigerian and half German,” Nunn revealed.

“She was born in England, as was I, but I lived in a foster home from an early age. I see a reflection of this potential [Nigerian spirit] in me, and I think being part of the team [The Super Falcons] would be an honor and achievement for me as a footballer. It’s something that fulfills you.”

Despite playing for England at the youth level, Nunn admitted that the idea of representing Nigeria didn’t seem feasible until recently, with players like Ashleigh Plumptre paving the way for overseas-born athletes to join the Super Falcons.

“Initially, I didn’t think the possibility of playing for the Super Falcons was there a few years back because you don’t often see or hear of players that didn’t grow up in Nigeria within the squad.”

“But owing to the paradigm shift in recent years, which handed players outside the country, who are of Nigerian descent the possibility to represent the country, has given me hope and faith that I can also have an opportunity to play for Nigeria.”

“I find it very motivating, and I want to be a symbol of this possibility.”

Nunn, a versatile winger and midfielder, has an impressive resume, having developed through Arsenal’s Academy and being part of the team that won the Women’s Super League titles in 2011 and 2012.

She was also the youngest player in Arsenal’s Champions League squad in 2011. Now, she hopes to bring her talent and experience to Africa’s most successful national team, the Super Falcons.


Go to www.brila.net for the original story and more 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Imo, others join Suit challenging EFCC legitimacy as Supreme Court reserves judgment

  At the resumed hearing on Tuesday, three states; Imo and Bauchi and Taraba joined the suit as co-plaintiffs while Osun sought a consolidat...