Monday, October 28, 2024

Alexander Ikwechegh threatened to pay N50m to people to kill me – Bolt driver narrates ordeal



(Vanguard) Stephen Abuwatseye, the Bolt driver allegedly assaulted by Alex Ikwechegh, a member of the Nigerian House of Representatives from Abia State, has shared his harrowing experience.

In a conversation with social media personality Martins Otse, known as VeryDarkMan, Abuwatseye revealed that Ikwechegh threatened to pay fifty million Naira to individuals to kill him.

He explained that this threat prompted him to record the incident. Abuwatseye also mentioned that he is unwell, noting that the lawmaker hit him several times on the chest.

Parts of his statement:

“You Common Bolt Driver. You Are a Poor Man. You Have Pride in Your Poverty. Do You Know Who I Am?”, Alexander Ikwechegh told me.

Victim’s Account:

“I said, ‘So the problem you have now is that a poor man should not speak. I am a Nigerian and should not be treated as a foreigner in this country. I am from Delta State, and I cannot have you treat me like a foreigner in my own country.

“The honorable member was not detained when he came to the station. He was calling me names. I was mute and sat at an edge. My car is still at the station.

“I brought snails for him. When I got to his estate gate, I called him and told him I was at the gate. He asked me to give the phone to the security personnel, who later directed me to his house. When I arrived at his house, I saw a man seated close to where I parked my car.

“When I got out, I greeted him twice, but he didn’t respond. So I thought he wasn’t the one. The next thing I did was call the number on my phone, and his phone rang.

“What I heard was, ‘Are you stupid? Are you mad? Are you a fool? Bring my stuff for me!’ I was not happy with the way he spoke to me because I was just doing my professional job. So I told him, ‘Oga, this thing you are saying to me—we have not gotten to this. Normally, I am not even supposed to bring this to you. You are supposed to come and pick it up yourself.’ That was the only thing that got him angry.

“So he replied, ‘You are asking me to come to your car to pick my stuff? Are you okay? Do you know whom you are talking to?’ He hit me on my chest several times. I am not feeling well. He hit me on my chest repeatedly while I just looked at him. But when he became more of a threat to me, I had to record him because I didn’t go there with the intention of fighting him. If I had gone there with a different motive, I would have recorded him from the beginning.

“I started recording him when he became a threat and said he would pay fifty million naira, and they would ‘delete’ me. He was calling me all sorts of names. He claimed he would pay 50 million naira to people, and they would kill me, and nobody would say anything. When I noticed that this situation was escalating beyond what I ever expected, I quickly took out my phone and started recording.”



 Credit: Vanguard



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ikwechegh tenders public apology for humiliating delivery driver

(NewsMirror) The member representing Aba North and South Federal Constituency, Hon. Mascot Ikwechegh, whose video went viral for humiliating...